Thursday, October 4, 2007

3 Wedding Weekend

I might die. Well, probably not, but come midnight on Sunday I am going to pass out. I have three weddings this weekend and the festivities start tonight. My Saturday wedding is having their rehearsal tonight, so there's that. Then it's the wedding on Saturday. Then there's a wedding on Sunday. And then whenever I'm finished with my Sunday wedding, I'll be hightailing it over to Lakefront Brewery to attend the reception of a friend, who was married in Tahoe earlier this summer. Fun? Yes! Exhausting? Hell yes! I also fear that I won't be able to make it to my friend's reception because I have this sneaky suspicion that I will be "stuck" at the Sunday wedding all night.

I was crazy enough to do this to myself this weekend, so I really have no right to complain about it. My Saturday couple just had a baby a few months ago and asked me to do Month of Coordination, which entails creating and keeping up with the ever-changing timeline, being the main point of contact for ALL their vendors, and basically just being their go-to person the month before. With a new baby, she knew she'd have her hands full. But my hands are so full it's not even funny.

Enter Sunday Wedding couple. I was completely on board to do Day of Coordination for them, but then we met and as we talked and talked, they realized they may not have the time or ability to do everything that has to be done the month before. They live on the East Coast and planning from afar is manageable, but it can get a little frustrating the closer you get to the date. So....I said yes. Because I liked them. Because I felt bad for them. Because I thought I could totally handle TWO month of coordinations one day apart. Um, yeah. I've handled it, it's what I do. But this past month has been controlled chaos.

I can't say either couple has been high-maintenance, there has just been a lot of details for each wedding. One wedding has fabulous vendors but they're so busy contact with them has been difficult. The other wedding has so-so vendors so working with them has been an ongoing challenge.

I never thought I'd ever say this....but I can't wait for Monday to get here just so the weekend is over. And I sure do hope I don't have to miss Laura & Mark's reception on Sunday night!

Wish me luck. Or sanity. I probably need the sanity more.

2 comments:

Christi said...

Wow, good luck Danica! Sounds like you have quite the weekend on your hands.

Anonymous said...

How about good luck on keeping your sanity?
I hope your weekend goes well!