Sunday, July 29, 2007

Married Off

Another bride has come and gone. It's sappy, but I always have this bittersweet feeling when one of my brides goes down the aisle. It means my work was a success and they're on their way to being happily married, but it also means I say goodbye to yet another friend. Sure, there are a few brides who I have remained friends with over the years and keep in touch with, but the majority are promises made to catch up for drinks or go gah-gah over their wedding pictures that never happens. Life gets busy and to be honest, it all comes down to the fact that I was a vendor, hired to perform a job for their wedding day.

I wish I had pictures to show of this wedding, but my camera decided to die right before I started snapping pictures. Wonderful Beth Engel, their photographer, will forward me some pics I'm sure. This wedding was full of great vendors. Their flowers were amazing. I can't even put into words just how amazing. Keep in mind that I see A LOT of weddings, so it takes a lot to blow me away anymore (which is kind of sad actually!). I got all teary-eyed when the florist assistant handed the bride her bouquet. I've never seen anything like it before. And when I walked into the Wisconsin Club, my jaw dropped. The florist assistant actually ran over to me to ask me if everything was ok. "YES! It's perfect!" And then I proceeded to dumbly gush, and I mean GUSH, over the centerpieces. I had also taken their floral pew cones from the church and decided to hang them on the balcony outside and it turned the balcony into this romantic little nook immediately!

The only downside to this wedding was that I really didn't have much to do. She had such great vendors and when you're at the Wisconsin Club, they have their own coordinator, who is great. And to be frank, well, they don't want another coordinator around there. At all. They're super nice about it, but it's made pretty clear. So, after I decorated the balcony, straightened some things up, made sure that all tables had what they needed, and all vendors had shown up, it was my time to exit.

Oh, and did I mention how beautiful the bride looked? This bride had lost 50 lbs on Weight Watchers and holy cow! What a hottie! The best part though was that Julie Carrington from On Location Makeup took such good care of her and made her look herself, just enhanced. This woman does amazing work and is too sweet to boot!

Another wedding, another bride. Time to batter up for my August 4th bride now!

No comments: