Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Winter Weddings

Dear Mother Nature,

Please get your act together. Winter brides in Milwaukee do not need any more of your games. They have dealt with enough stress and frustration during the planning process the least you can do is provide them with a day that is free of a snowstorm.

Kindly,
The Wedding Planner


Seriously though, for my dear readers who are not familiar with what is happening in this fine city I will let you know that as of 7pm last night we have now received over 73" of the pretty white stuff. SNOW! Lots of it. So it is neither pretty nor white anymore. It is ugly and slushy and well, I along with 99.9% of the city's population are just over it already.

Please don't get me wrong. I am all for winter weddings, in fact I think they are ten times more beautiful in essence than summer weddings. I'm the Wedding Planner that tells brides to do what they want, go for a white wedding, bring out the tents & heaters, buy a fabulous faux fur shawl, DO IT! But right now...I'll be honest and say that I am really hoping the snow doesn't fall on Saturday for my next wedding. Or at least not so much of it that I worry if vendors will be on time and whether or not we need to push the timeline back.

So again, my beloved Mother Nature.....KNOCK IT OFF!

No comments: